Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, InVision, JetBrains PhpStorm, 3ds Max, Flash, Soundbooth, Premiere
jQuery, SASS/SCSS, MySQL, AJAX, JSON, XML, SVN, GIT, WordPress, Drupal 8, Google Analytics, JIRA, Selenium, JMeter
Agile, Responsive Web Design, Search Engine Optimization, Web Accessibility
Art Institute of Philadelphia, Sept. 2007
Bachelor of Science in Interactive Media Design
- Honors Graduate
- Academic Acknowledgment Award
- Special Achievement Award
- Design Group Award
- 8 Best of Quarter Awards for:
- Advanced Web Scripting
- Fundamentals of Design
- Project Management
- E-Learning Production
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Introduction to User Centered Design
- Fundamentals of Authoring
- Authoring Tools
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
August 2012 – August 2018
- Refactored and redesigned Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center and corporate intranet sites, added mobile support using responsive web design and integrated a content management system using RESTful web services.
- Implemented and maintained responsive WordPress sites using custom and child themes making it possible for clients to begin curating their own content which reduced maintenance fees and enabled developers to spend more time on other tasks.
- Coordinated with a remote DevOps team and provided technical subject-matter expertise in order to completely redesign the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center website to use Drupal 8 and Amazon Web Services, took ownership following release and continued work on additional features, improvements and security updates.
- Provided direction for and completed UI and UX design for web, desktop and mobile applications.
- Designed web and print materials to promote institutional events and project releases, conference materials, etc.
- Created automated test scripts using JMeter and Selenium to perform basic quality assurance at regular intervals and to test the performance of sites and integrated systems to ensure they could handle high volumes of traffic.
Applied Health Analytics
May 2009 – April 2012
- Produced the interfaces for and developed HIPAA compliant web applications on a LAMP stack with role-based access control and functionality for clients to collect and manage data to assess population health and wellness, identify areas for improvement and select provider solutions to offer as a benefit to the group.
- Built administrative applications to manage internal operations related to client invoicing, printing and shipping orders, sending e-mail notifications, importing OCR scanned survey data and monitoring site usage and metrics.
- Created an interface to generate print materials in PDF format using PHP, MySQL and FPDF.
- Designed company logo and branding, websites, business cards and other print materials.
January 2008 – May 2009
- Responsible for leading and executing the UI/UX design and development of National Guard sites to promote sponsorships with Dale Earnhardt Jr., IndyCar, AMA Pro Racing and 3 Doors Down.
- Developed an embeddable streaming video player with event logging and database integration to manage player settings and playlists which was used as a standardized replacement for all other video players that previously existed on NationalGuard.com.